Disclosures for a Third-party Campaigner

Political donations and electoral expenditure must be disclosed to the NSWEC after each financial year.

A declaration of disclosures must be made using a NSWEC disclosure form for the relevant year (See Forms).

Five steps to lodging a valid disclosure form

A disclosure form must be submitted if, between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017, an individual or organisation incurred more than $2,000 in electoral communication expenditure for a State or local Council election in NSW but did not stand as a candidate, and is not a political party or an elected member.

The third-party campaigner disclosure is made using the Third-party Campaigner disclosure form (FD.674) (PDF 698.8KB). This disclosure form is to be completed by the official agent appointed by the third-party campaigner and allows for the disclosure of donations received and political communications expenditure incurred by the third-party campaigner. If the third-party campaigner was also a major political donor, the FD.674 form provides a section to disclose reportable donations made. Alternatively, reportable donations made can be disclosed separately using the Major Political Donor disclosure form (FD.680) (PDF 710.2KB).

The Official Agent of a third-party campaigner is responsible for completing and submitting the disclosure form by the due date.

Third-party campaigner disclosure form (FD.674) (PDF 698.8KB)
- Complete this form online then print it to sign

The official agent must refer to the financial and accounting records kept in relation to the candidate's election in order to make complete and accurate disclosure.

A third-party campaigner's disclosure form must be certified by a registered company auditor.

A valid disclosure form must be lodged with the NSWEC by 22 September 2017. Details about how to submit the disclosure form are on page 7 of the form. A valid disclosure form:

  • contains all the pages (even if some pages contain no disclosures);
  • is completed and signed by the Official Agent, and
  • is certified by a registered company auditor.

Submit with the disclosure form:

  • the receipt book containing used and unused copies of receipts issued to political donors for all reportable political donations received,
  • copies of the invoices or receipts for electoral expenditure disclosed, and
  • copies of the electoral material or advertising that relates to the expenditure disclosed.

To amend a disclosure form previously submitted to the NSWEC, the Official Agent must use:

An amended disclosure form may need to be certified by a registered auditor (see step 4).

Find out more information about how to disclose.